- 2,330,921 hits
- Follow wmfexcel on WordPress.com
Want Google to translate this page?
Top Posts & Pages
- How to sort bar chart in descending order?
- When unhide row doesn't work...
- Show number in thousand (k) or in million (M) by using custom format
- Date Formats - A trick to format date with "st", "nd", "rd", "th"
- Insert a text string into a specific position of another text string in #Excel
- Perform VLOOKUP with 2 lookup values
- Filter a list of items from a long long list
- Open an embedded Excel file during a slide show in PowerPoint?
- Repeat all item labels in Pivot Table (aka Fill in the blanks please)
- Dropdown calendar in Excel
My YouTube Channel
- My Tweets
Category Archives: Excel in Action
It is a common task that we want to input and maintain all data on one worksheet, and display summary on different worksheets. A typical layout will be similar to the screenshot shown above. One “Input” sheet, and then one … Continue reading
Got this question from my brother. He is tracking scores for game he plays with friends. The game can be played with up to four players. He wants a formula to calculate the last 10 scores of a player. He … Continue reading
… in creating dynamic drop-down with conditions Making a dynamic drop-down list is not difficult. It may require multiple steps, helper formula and/or helper tables though. And the number of helper tables depends on the complexity of the requirement. I … Continue reading
Last week, I showed you how to split cell contents separated by line feed into rows with Power Query. That was easy when we are dealing with only one column. If you don’t know how, you may read the post … Continue reading
It is a common task to compare two lists in Excel. This can be achieved with MATCH function. But what if you want to compare a list of filenames stored in your spreadsheet, with the files you’ve got in a … Continue reading
Many people are not aware of how easy-to-use and powerful modern Excel is. I mean Excel 2016 or later. In this post, I will show you how to turn CSV data into insight in a just a couple of minutes like a pro. Techniques used: Flash Fill, Quick Analysis and two new chart types (Histogram and Pareto). Continue reading