- Follow wmfexcel on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- When unhide row doesn't work...
- Perform VLOOKUP with 2 lookup values
- Dropdown calendar in Excel
- Date Formats - A trick to format date with "st", "nd", "rd", "th"
- Copy data from strictly-protected sheet
- Advanced vlookup - wildcard characters "?" and "*"
- Advanced vlookup - Text vs. Number
- Show number in thousand (k) or in million (M) by using custom format
- Simple trick to look (hack) into hidden sheet
- 2D SUMIF with two variables – one on column and one on row
Tag Archives: Data Validation
Got the following question from a reader: Under data validation, is it possible for me to restrict the time duration (in a cell) to be 30mins or less? Example: 9.00 – 9.30 (accepted) 10.15 – 10.50 (rejected) Obviously, the answer … Continue reading
This is about a trick of using named range that includes a blank cell; which allows any input even the cell is with Data Validation that allows list. When you attempt to input anything other than what is restricted by Data … Continue reading
How to limit user to input time at 15-min intervals, i.e. 00:15, 00:30, 00:45, 01:00, etc.? We talked about how to limit user to input Time in the previous post. Let’s go one step further with Custom Data Validation, where you … Continue reading
How to limit user to input TIME only? Sometime, actually too many times, users may not input cell content in a way you want them to. As a result, the formula you set for calculation may go wrong; and you … Continue reading
So many D. 😀 This is a continuation of the previous post: Not all teachers are eligible to all classes. e.g. only Iris and David are eligible to deliver Class F, would it be feasible to have only Iris and … Continue reading
How to use Data Validation to show a dynamic drop-down list to facilitate job allocation problem? I learned about using Data Validation long time ago. It’s quite handy and useful when you want to restrict user to enter items only … Continue reading