- 2,959,228 hits
Join 372 other subscribers
- Follow wmfexcel on WordPress.com
Want Google to translate this page?
Top Posts & Pages
- How to sort bar chart in descending order?
- Show number in thousand (k) or in million (M) by using custom format
- Date Formats - A trick to format date with "st", "nd", "rd", "th"
- How to replace value with a value from another column in Power Query
- Repeat all item labels in Pivot Table (aka Fill in the blanks please)
- Insert a text string into a specific position of another text string in #Excel
- Perform VLOOKUP with 2 lookup values
- Open an embedded Excel file during a slide show in PowerPoint?
- Rename column names in a dynamic way with #Excel #PowerQuery
- Quickly delete/hide records (rows) with Strikethrough format by using Find and a couple of simple techniques.
My YouTube Channel
- My Tweets
Tag Archives: Data Validation
…with and without Dynamic Arrays (which is available to Microsoft 365 users only) Got a question from a friend recently: Is it possible to show a different set of questions in a dropdown list depending on the answer input from … Continue reading
… in creating dynamic drop-down with conditions Making a dynamic drop-down list is not difficult. It may require multiple steps, helper formula and/or helper tables though. And the number of helper tables depends on the complexity of the requirement. I … Continue reading
Well… think this topic is too simple? How about doing this with a dropdown menu to make the Top X a dynamic one? with Icon Set? You may download a Sample File to follow along. Let’s start with the basics … Continue reading
The recent HOT topics about Excel should be the new Dynamic Arrays! After watching all the amazing demonstrations about the new Dynamic Arrays, I’ve decided to sign up to the Office Insider (Fast) programme (for Office 365 subscriber only). … Continue reading
The situation We need to input certain data on a daily basis. For example, daily sales. That is supposed to be an easy and routine task for many people. BUT… it happened that we still have a chance to input … Continue reading
Got the following question from a reader: Under data validation, is it possible for me to restrict the time duration (in a cell) to be 30mins or less? Example: 9.00 – 9.30 (accepted) 10.15 – 10.50 (rejected) Obviously, the answer … Continue reading
This is about a trick of using named range that includes a blank cell; which allows any input even the cell is with Data Validation that allows list. When you attempt to input anything other than what is restricted by Data … Continue reading
How to limit user to input time at 15-min intervals, i.e. 00:15, 00:30, 00:45, 01:00, etc.? We talked about how to limit user to input Time in the previous post. Let’s go one step further with Custom Data Validation, where you … Continue reading
How to limit user to input TIME only? Sometime, actually too many times, users may not input cell content in a way you want them to. As a result, the formula you set for calculation may go wrong; and you … Continue reading
So many D. 😀 This is a continuation of the previous post: Not all teachers are eligible to all classes. e.g. only Iris and David are eligible to deliver Class F, would it be feasible to have only Iris and … Continue reading
How to use Data Validation to show a dynamic drop-down list to facilitate job allocation problem? I learned about using Data Validation long time ago. It’s quite handy and useful when you want to restrict user to enter items only … Continue reading