- 3,028,946 hits
Join 3,888 other subscribers
- Follow wmfexcel on WordPress.com
Want Google to translate this page?
Top Posts & Pages
- How to sort bar chart in descending order?
- Show number in thousand (k) or in million (M) by using custom format
- How to replace value with a value from another column in Power Query
- Date Formats - A trick to format date with "st", "nd", "rd", "th"
- Insert a text string into a specific position of another text string in #Excel
- Repeat all item labels in Pivot Table (aka Fill in the blanks please)
- Rename column names in a dynamic way with #Excel #PowerQuery
- Open an embedded Excel file during a slide show in PowerPoint?
- Send a cell content to Google search
- Perform VLOOKUP with 2 lookup values
My YouTube Channel
My Facebook page
- My Tweets
Tag Archives: COUNTIF
The INDIRECT trick of using Structured Reference in Conditional Formatting
When setting up conditions for Conditional Formatting in Excel, have you ever tried to set a formula that refers to a Excel Table, but failed?
First of all, why we want to refer to Excel Table in Conditional Formatting? There is one simple answer: To accept new data automatically.
To use Structure Reference in Conditional Formatting, we need an INDIRECT approach which is discussed here. Continue reading
Posted in Excel Tips Tagged Conditional Formatting, COUNTIF, Excel Table, INDIRECT 7 Comments
Highlight weekends and holidays using Conditional Formatting in #Excel
In this post, I will show you step by step how to set up conditional formatting to highlight weekends and public holidays with Excel. The key is to set the formula right. Having a proper layout will make the whole thing more easier, which will be discussed in the next post. Continue reading
Posted in Format Tagged Conditional Formatting, COUNTIF, OR, TEXT 4 Comments
Rank in subgroup… RANKIF?
To get the overall ranking is easy with the RANK function. The syntax of RANK =RANK(Number,Ref,[order]) Number is the number we want to rank; Ref is the list of numbers of comparison (could be an array, a reference or a list … Continue reading
Posted in Formula Tagged COUNTIF, COUNTIFS, RANK 9 Comments
VLOOKUP the Nth matched item, with helper column
This should be the last post in 2015. So it’s better to answer unanswered question in the year. 🙂 Question: “VLOOKUP will return the first matched value found, in case there are multiple matched records what formula should we use?” This … Continue reading
Posted in Formula Tagged COUNTIF, VLOOKUP Leave a comment
15-significant-digit issue with SUMIF(S), COUNTIF(S), AVERAGEIF(S)
Have you applied SUMIF or COUNTIF to a range that contains numbers with more than 15 digits stored as text? If you did or if you do, you’d better continue to read this as you’ve got wrong answers that you … Continue reading
Posted in Formula Tagged 15 Significant digits, Array formula, averageif, COUNTIF, SUMIF 10 Comments