- 2,959,232 hits
Join 372 other subscribers
- Follow wmfexcel on WordPress.com
Want Google to translate this page?
Top Posts & Pages
- How to sort bar chart in descending order?
- Show number in thousand (k) or in million (M) by using custom format
- Date Formats - A trick to format date with "st", "nd", "rd", "th"
- How to replace value with a value from another column in Power Query
- Repeat all item labels in Pivot Table (aka Fill in the blanks please)
- Insert a text string into a specific position of another text string in #Excel
- Perform VLOOKUP with 2 lookup values
- Open an embedded Excel file during a slide show in PowerPoint?
- Rename column names in a dynamic way with #Excel #PowerQuery
- Quickly delete/hide records (rows) with Strikethrough format by using Find and a couple of simple techniques.
My YouTube Channel
- My Tweets
Tag Archives: Auto Filter
Don’t get me wrong. I am not talking about the Filter button sitting on the Data Tab of ribbon, although they look almost exactly the same. I am pretty sure that most people who use Excel five days a week … Continue reading
Get multiple filter criteria with Excel Auto-Filter This post is in response to the following Mr.Excel video where Mr. Excel Bill Jelen solved the problem with Advanced Filter. Indeed I got a similar question from a colleague recently for filtering … Continue reading
One day, a friend asked me: “If she deletes contents from a filtered range, would she also delete the hidden content?” I answered: “Try and observe!” 😛 I know that is not the answer she expected. Nevertheless, I believe that … Continue reading
This is about how to filter a particular date, say 1st of January regardless year, from a list of dates. As a matter of fact, not many people are aware of the Date Filter feature in Excel. This is true at … Continue reading
In the process of writing my previous post, I found something wrong with Filter… when Column A contains formula starts with SUBTOTAL, Auto Filter refuses to take the last row.
How to display a column of sequential number to visible rows only? Got this question from a friend. Her task is simple as shown below: I guess many people wanted to achieve the same thing but have no idea at all. Are … Continue reading
I have seen many people turning OFF and then ON Auto Filter in order just to SHOW ALL values (in Excel 2003’s terms) or CLEAR all filters (in Excel 2007 or above’s terms). Frankly, I think many people do this … Continue reading