- 2,319,121 hits
- Follow wmfexcel on WordPress.com
Want Google to translate this page?
Top Posts & Pages
- How to sort bar chart in descending order?
- Show number in thousand (k) or in million (M) by using custom format
- When unhide row doesn't work...
- Date Formats - A trick to format date with "st", "nd", "rd", "th"
- Insert a text string into a specific position of another text string in #Excel
- Perform VLOOKUP with 2 lookup values
- Dropdown calendar in Excel
- Open an embedded Excel file during a slide show in PowerPoint?
- Filter a list of items from a long long list
- Repeat all item labels in Pivot Table (aka Fill in the blanks please)
My YouTube Channel
- My Tweets
Tag Archives: INDIRECT
In the previous blog post, we see how Flash Fill extracts First Name and Last Name from an email address in a format shown above. I’ve also recorded a video for that post. Flash Fill is so smart to detect … Continue reading
When setting up conditions for Conditional Formatting in Excel, have you ever tried to set a formula that refers to a Excel Table, but failed?
First of all, why we want to refer to Excel Table in Conditional Formatting? There is one simple answer: To accept new data automatically.
To use Structure Reference in Conditional Formatting, we need an INDIRECT approach which is discussed here. Continue reading
Extract number from a text string This post is about two things: How a poor system set up could drive you crazy? Why being good in Excel could save you lots of time in workplace? Another real work example. I was … Continue reading
Pls have your 3D glasses ready… only if you are going to watch a 3D movie. You don’t need it for a 3D VLOOKUP. We talked about how to do a 2D VLOOKUP by using MATCH together with VLOOKUP. With that … Continue reading
Answer: =SUMPRODUCT(–(TEXT(ROW(INDIRECT(B1&”:”&B2)),”DDDD”)=”Sunday”)) ‘where B1 is start date; B2 is end date. Excuse me? What it says?