- 3,028,946 hits
Join 3,888 other subscribers
- Follow wmfexcel on WordPress.com
Want Google to translate this page?
Top Posts & Pages
- How to sort bar chart in descending order?
- Show number in thousand (k) or in million (M) by using custom format
- How to replace value with a value from another column in Power Query
- Date Formats - A trick to format date with "st", "nd", "rd", "th"
- Insert a text string into a specific position of another text string in #Excel
- Repeat all item labels in Pivot Table (aka Fill in the blanks please)
- Rename column names in a dynamic way with #Excel #PowerQuery
- Open an embedded Excel file during a slide show in PowerPoint?
- Send a cell content to Google search
- Perform VLOOKUP with 2 lookup values
My YouTube Channel
My Facebook page
- My Tweets
Tag Archives: Group By
Dense Ranking with Power Query – Unexpected Behavior and Workarounds
This post is inspired by the article – Dense Ranking in Power Query, written by PHILIP TREACY from myOnlineTraingHub. The first part of this post is a summary of what I read from Philip’s post. While the second part is … Continue reading
Posted in Excel Tips Tagged Group By, Power Query, RANK 2 Comments
#Excel #PowerQuery Challenge – Add value to CSV data in cells
As always, a picture tells thousand words. The above image explains clearly what we want to achieve, with Power Query in Excel of course. This problem was bought to my attention when I watched the Dueling Excel Podcast #192 by … Continue reading
Posted in Power Query Tagged Extract List, Group By, Power Query Leave a comment
Split date ranges from cells with #Excel #PowerQuery
Take a look at the challenge presented above. Is it possible to do it in Excel? Be honest, without Power Query, I have no idea how to do it but manual work. 😁🤦♂️ Believe it or not, with Power Query, … Continue reading
Posted in Power Query Tagged Group By, Power Query, Reference, Split Cell Leave a comment
Power Query Challenge – Joining two tables fully (Part 2)
Append Queries + Group By = Another alternative for a better Full Join In the previous post, we explored an alternative way to perform FULL OUTER JOIN with Left Outer Join + Right Anti Join, followed by Append Queries in … Continue reading
Posted in Power Query Tagged Append Query, Group By 1 Comment