- 2,180,976 hits
- Follow wmfexcel on WordPress.com
Want Google to translate this page?
Top Posts & Pages
- How to sort bar chart in descending order?
- Show number in thousand (k) or in million (M) by using custom format
- Date Formats - A trick to format date with "st", "nd", "rd", "th"
- When unhide row doesn't work...
- Perform VLOOKUP with 2 lookup values
- Insert a text string into a specific position of another text string in #Excel
- How to lookup an image in #Excel
- Sequential number for visible rows only
- Dropdown calendar in Excel
- Open an embedded Excel file during a slide show in PowerPoint?
My YouTube Channel
- My Tweets
Tag Archives: SUBSTITUTE
When TRIM and CLEAN do not work… Is it something bothering you? To fix this problem, we need to understand where is the “leading space” coming come. Before we jump to that, I want to show you two Excel functions … Continue reading
We talked about RIGHT, LEFT, MID, UPPER, LOWER, PROPER, FIND, SEARCH, REPLACE and SUBSTITUTE in the past few weeks. Now it’s time to put every thing together to solve a problem. This is actually the most amazing part of using … Continue reading
We talked about REPLACE and SUBSTITUTE last week. At the final note, I said that SUBSTITUTE is case-sensitive. If we need to perform a case-insensitive SUBSTITUTE, it is indeed not an easy job unless we are talking a single letter … Continue reading
Another pair of functions that has very similar meaning literally. Although I am not able to tell you the differences between “replace” and “substitute” in English, I can show you the differences of the REPLACE and SUBSTITUTE in Excel. … Continue reading
Did you encounter a task like this? I did. Actually it is not as difficult as you may expect. It could be done in just a minute IF the data is not too bad, like the one shown above. I … Continue reading
Does it sound familiar to you? If you are having this kind of issue all the time, you may want to continue reading this as I am going to show you three different approaches to fix the problem. Non-Formula approach Formula … Continue reading
There are many cases that we may just want the last word from a text string. Typical example would be something like the last row in the above screenshot: There are many codes at the end of a text string … Continue reading
Why vlookup gives me wrong answer??? Bugs in vlookup??? I am sure it’s not about text vs. number, but it still fails to give the correct answer!!! I guess many users are not aware of the wildcard characters in Excel. … Continue reading