- 2,547,821 hits
- Follow wmfexcel on WordPress.com
Want Google to translate this page?
Top Posts & Pages
- How to sort bar chart in descending order?
- Show number in thousand (k) or in million (M) by using custom format
- Date Formats - A trick to format date with "st", "nd", "rd", "th"
- Perform VLOOKUP with 2 lookup values
- Insert a text string into a specific position of another text string in #Excel
- When unhide row doesn't work...
- Filter a list of items from a long long list
- Open an embedded Excel file during a slide show in PowerPoint?
- Dropdown calendar in Excel
- Be cautious when using XLOOKUP
My YouTube Channel
- My Tweets
Tag Archives: Filter
This is the follow up post from my previous post – How to create a dependent dropdown list in #Excel. As mentioned, it could be easier to illustrate the concept using a video, especially for the use of Dynamic Arrays. Here … Continue reading
Don’t get me wrong. I am not talking about the Filter button sitting on the Data Tab of ribbon, although they look almost exactly the same. I am pretty sure that most people who use Excel five days a week … Continue reading
I didn’t think of blogging about this topic before. I thought that it is so straight-forward. Nevertheless, there is another way of doing so which is even more straight-forward BUT may give you unexpected results later on. And to my … Continue reading
Did you notice that there is a “Reapply” button next to Filter on the Data Tab of ribbon? And wondering what it does? 🤔 Indeed, the “Reapply” button is dim until you have applied filter to at least one column. … Continue reading
Applying filter in Excel is a very common task. We used to filter a dataset and focus on a subset of data that we are interested in. It is super easy to filter. The problem is, are you sure you … Continue reading
Situation: In a filtered range of data, we made few changes on the side. Then we want to replace the original values with the updated values. What action appear on top of your mind? Copy and Paste of course. But… … Continue reading
A simple but practical tip of using Advanced Filter I came across a blogpost from Jon of Excel Campus (one of my favorite Excel sites) last week. In his post, he showed how to filter for a list of items using a reverse … Continue reading
Did you know that you can filter by color since Excel 2007? Yes, that’s almost 10 years. I wont’ say it is a new feature notwithstanding the fact that many people are not aware of it yet. 😛 Filter by … Continue reading