- 2,853,309 hits
- Follow wmfexcel on WordPress.com
Want Google to translate this page?
Top Posts & Pages
- How to sort bar chart in descending order?
- Show number in thousand (k) or in million (M) by using custom format
- How to replace value with a value from another column in Power Query
- Date Formats - A trick to format date with "st", "nd", "rd", "th"
- Repeat all item labels in Pivot Table (aka Fill in the blanks please)
- Rename column names in a dynamic way with #Excel #PowerQuery
- Perform VLOOKUP with 2 lookup values
- Insert a text string into a specific position of another text string in #Excel
- Be cautious when using XLOOKUP
- Open an embedded Excel file during a slide show in PowerPoint?
My YouTube Channel
- My Tweets
Tag Archives: Custom Format
Do you input a hyphen to represent zero? If you do, please stop doing so in the future. The proper way of displaying “-” for zero is to apply relevant cell format to it. E.g. Using Accounting format with no … Continue reading
Is it possible in #Excel? Of course, as you have just seen it! 😁 Indeed, it’s easier than you may have thought about. We can do it by custom format. First of all, select the cells that you want to … Continue reading
Well… think this topic is too simple? How about doing this with a dropdown menu to make the Top X a dynamic one? with Icon Set? You may download a Sample File to follow along. Let’s start with the basics … Continue reading
Sometimes we want to add a descriptive like “Good Job” for figures above target; “Work Harder” for those below… like the following screenshot: To many people, the top-of-mind solution should be using IF function. =IF(A2>0, “Good Job”, IF(A2=0, “Just Met”,”Work … Continue reading