- 2,633,097 hits
- Follow wmfexcel on WordPress.com
Want Google to translate this page?
Top Posts & Pages
- How to sort bar chart in descending order?
- Show number in thousand (k) or in million (M) by using custom format
- Perform VLOOKUP with 2 lookup values
- Be cautious when using XLOOKUP
- Date Formats - A trick to format date with "st", "nd", "rd", "th"
- Insert a text string into a specific position of another text string in #Excel
- Open an embedded Excel file during a slide show in PowerPoint?
- When unhide row doesn't work...
- Filter a list of items from a long long list
- How to lookup an image in #Excel
My YouTube Channel
- My Tweets
Tag Archives: wildcard
A simple but practical tip of using Advanced Filter I came across a blogpost from Jon of Excel Campus (one of my favorite Excel sites) last week. In his post, he showed how to filter for a list of items using a reverse … Continue reading
Did you encounter a task like this? I did. Actually it is not as difficult as you may expect. It could be done in just a minute IF the data is not too bad, like the one shown above. I … Continue reading
This is about using wildcards in referencing cells on other worksheets. If you know the basic rule about naming a worksheet, you should know that we cannot use ? or * in any part of a worksheet’s name. So there … Continue reading
This is a real workplace problem. Look at the two tables below, the task was to map the Shop ID from Table 1 (left) to Table 2 (right). In both tables there is a common key “Shop Name”. Sound easy? … Continue reading
Why vlookup gives me wrong answer??? Bugs in vlookup??? I am sure it’s not about text vs. number, but it still fails to give the correct answer!!! I guess many users are not aware of the wildcard characters in Excel. … Continue reading