- 3,029,328 hits
Join 3,904 other subscribers
- Follow wmfexcel on WordPress.com
Want Google to translate this page?
Top Posts & Pages
- Simple Basket Analysis - Formula approach with #Excel 365
- How to sort bar chart in descending order?
- Show number in thousand (k) or in million (M) by using custom format
- How to replace value with a value from another column in Power Query
- Date Formats - A trick to format date with "st", "nd", "rd", "th"
- Insert a text string into a specific position of another text string in #Excel
- Rename column names in a dynamic way with #Excel #PowerQuery
- The INDIRECT trick of using Structured Reference in Conditional Formatting
- Repeat all item labels in Pivot Table (aka Fill in the blanks please)
- Perform VLOOKUP with 2 lookup values
My YouTube Channel
My Facebook page
- My Tweets
Tag Archives: MID
Extract FirstLast names in CamelCase with #Excel formula
In the previous blog post, we see how Flash Fill extracts First Name and Last Name from an email address in a format shown above. I’ve also recorded a video for that post. Flash Fill is so smart to detect … Continue reading
Posted in Formula Tagged Array formula, FIND, INDIRECT, LEFT, MATCH, MID, ROW Leave a comment
Change the first letter to upper case, first word only please #Excel
This is a short story of mine, and an imaginary conversation in my head… How to change the first letter (of first word only) to upper case in Excel? This was a question from a colleague sitting opposite to me. … Continue reading
How to turn “1st January, 2017” into #Excel recognizable date?
Quite a long time ago, I wrote a post to discuss a trick to format date with “st”, “nd”, “rd”, etc… In this post, I am going to discuss the reversed way: Turning an English written date with “Dst MMMM, … Continue reading
Writing a long formula in steps
Writing a long formula is not easy, even for an advanced Excel user. What I mean long is a formula with many nested FUNCTIONS within a single formula. The difficulty I am talking about is not related to whether you understand the … Continue reading
Text manipulation with Excel functions
We talked about RIGHT, LEFT, MID, UPPER, LOWER, PROPER, FIND, SEARCH, REPLACE and SUBSTITUTE in the past few weeks. Now it’s time to put every thing together to solve a problem. This is actually the most amazing part of using … Continue reading
RIGHT. I LEFT. In the MID of…
Obviously this post is about the most popular text related functions in Excel. Meanwhile, it is also a message from me… Yes, you are RIGH! I LEFT my ex-company and have landed on a new job which is much more … Continue reading
Posted in Formula Tagged LEFT, MID, RIGHT Leave a comment
Make impossible possible
Convert text of specific pattern like “1d 2h 3m 4s” into real time (26:03:04) in Excel To kick start the Year of Monkey, let’s challenge the apparently impossible… Do you think it is not possible in Excel? If you do, you … Continue reading
Posted in Formula Tagged Array formula, IFERROR, MID, SEARCH, SUMPRODUCT, Time 2 Comments
How Excel formula can save your time?
Extract number from a text string This post is about two things: How a poor system set up could drive you crazy? Why being good in Excel could save you lots of time in workplace? Another real work example. I was … Continue reading