- Follow wmfexcel on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- When unhide row doesn't work...
- Perform VLOOKUP with 2 lookup values
- Dropdown calendar in Excel
- Date Formats - A trick to format date with "st", "nd", "rd", "th"
- Advanced vlookup - wildcard characters "?" and "*"
- Advanced vlookup - Text vs. Number
- Copy data from strictly-protected sheet
- 2D SUMIF with two variables – one on column and one on row
- Show number in thousand (k) or in million (M) by using custom format
- SUM vs. SUBTOTAL
Tag Archives: Sample File
This post is intended to give you an example of using Solver in Excel to solve a causal problem in daily life – buying postal stamps. Don’t consider it a tutorial. 😛 Have you ever heard of Solver in Excel? I think … Continue reading
We know that SUBTOTAL allows us to perform some basics functions like SUM, COUNT, AVERAGE, etc. that apply to visible rows only. However, there is no similar function for visible columns only. If we need to SUM visible columns only, we will need … Continue reading
Did you encounter a task like this? I did. Actually it is not as difficult as you may expect. It could be done in just a minute IF the data is not too bad, like the one shown above. I … Continue reading
This is about using wildcards in referencing cells on other worksheets. If you know the basic rule about naming a worksheet, you should know that we cannot use ? or * in any part of a worksheet’s name. So there … Continue reading