- Follow wmfexcel on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- When unhide row doesn't work...
- Perform VLOOKUP with 2 lookup values
- Dropdown calendar in Excel
- Date Formats - A trick to format date with "st", "nd", "rd", "th"
- Copy data from strictly-protected sheet
- Advanced vlookup - wildcard characters "?" and "*"
- Advanced vlookup - Text vs. Number
- Show number in thousand (k) or in million (M) by using custom format
- Simple trick to look (hack) into hidden sheet
- 2D SUMIF with two variables – one on column and one on row
Tag Archives: FIND
Writing a long formula is not easy, even for an advanced Excel user. What I mean long is a formula with many nested FUNCTIONS within a single formula. The difficulty I am talking about is not related to whether you understand the … Continue reading
We talked about RIGHT, LEFT, MID, UPPER, LOWER, PROPER, FIND, SEARCH, REPLACE and SUBSTITUTE in the past few weeks. Now it’s time to put every thing together to solve a problem. This is actually the most amazing part of using … Continue reading
In many situations, we use either FIND or SEARCH together with LEFT, RIGHT, MID to achieve what we need. A typical example is to extract the first name and the last name from a full name where a coma acts as … Continue reading
The working combinations for F5. F5 alone – Open the Go To Dialog box Ctrl+F5 – restore the window size of the selected workbook Shift+F5 – Open Find (and Replace) Alt+F5 – Refresh Pivot Table Ctrl+Alt+F5 – Refresh All Nevertheless, … Continue reading
Extract number from a text string This post is about two things: How a poor system set up could drive you crazy? Why being good in Excel could save you lots of time in workplace? Another real work example. I was … Continue reading
Quickly delete/hide records (rows) with Strikethrough format by using Find and a couple of simple techniques.
Quickly delete/hide records (rows) with Strikethrough format by using Find and a couple of simple techniques. I had encountered a file with thousands of records (rows) that keeps track of details of different jobs. Finished jobs were identified by Strikethrough … Continue reading