- 2,853,297 hits
- Follow wmfexcel on WordPress.com
Want Google to translate this page?
Top Posts & Pages
- How to sort bar chart in descending order?
- Show number in thousand (k) or in million (M) by using custom format
- How to replace value with a value from another column in Power Query
- Date Formats - A trick to format date with "st", "nd", "rd", "th"
- Repeat all item labels in Pivot Table (aka Fill in the blanks please)
- Rename column names in a dynamic way with #Excel #PowerQuery
- Perform VLOOKUP with 2 lookup values
- Insert a text string into a specific position of another text string in #Excel
- Be cautious when using XLOOKUP
- Open an embedded Excel file during a slide show in PowerPoint?
My YouTube Channel
- My Tweets
Tag Archives: Array formula
In the previous blog post, we see how Flash Fill extracts First Name and Last Name from an email address in a format shown above. I’ve also recorded a video for that post. Flash Fill is so smart to detect … Continue reading
Got the following question: hi, how do i search for a specific combination of characters exclusively i.e. if one cell contains 5A;3B&4C while another cell contains 5AA;3B&4C, and my search criteria is 5A, i want the results to return only … Continue reading
Answer to the 5 little Tricks posted in the beginning of the year – Part 1/5 Transpose Data – Result is static This is actually a simple trick of using Copy and Paster (Special, Transpose). See? It can be done in a … Continue reading
It is something basic and commonly seen. Nonetheless, it is really important to understand the different behaviors between a number, and a number stored as text, especially if you want to move forward to write effective formula. This post is intended … Continue reading
If you do VLOOKUP, you probably know that one of the limitations of VLOOKUP is case-insensitive. It means case is not a consideration in the lookup process, where PETER is essentially the same as peter. Hence VLOOKUP will consider that … Continue reading
Convert text of specific pattern like “1d 2h 3m 4s” into real time (26:03:04) in Excel To kick start the Year of Monkey, let’s challenge the apparently impossible… Do you think it is not possible in Excel? If you do, you … Continue reading
Did you encounter a task like this? I did. Actually it is not as difficult as you may expect. It could be done in just a minute IF the data is not too bad, like the one shown above. I … Continue reading
Does it sound familiar to you? If you are having this kind of issue all the time, you may want to continue reading this as I am going to show you three different approaches to fix the problem. Non-Formula approach Formula … Continue reading
Have you applied SUMIF or COUNTIF to a range that contains numbers with more than 15 digits stored as text? If you did or if you do, you’d better continue to read this as you’ve got wrong answers that you … Continue reading