- 3,070,578 hits
Join 3,281 other subscribers
- Follow wmfexcel on WordPress.com
Want Google to translate this page?
Top Posts & Pages
- How to sort bar chart in descending order?
- Show number in thousand (k) or in million (M) by using custom format
- How to replace value with a value from another column in Power Query
- Repeat all item labels in Pivot Table (aka Fill in the blanks please)
- Date Formats - A trick to format date with "st", "nd", "rd", "th"
- Insert a text string into a specific position of another text string in #Excel
- The INDIRECT trick of using Structured Reference in Conditional Formatting
- Open an embedded Excel file during a slide show in PowerPoint?
- Send a cell content to Google search
- How to put the Date Modified info on #Excel worksheet using #PowerQuery
My YouTube Channel
My Facebook page
- My Tweets
Tag Archives: RIGHT
How to turn “1st January, 2017” into #Excel recognizable date?
Quite a long time ago, I wrote a post to discuss a trick to format date with “st”, “nd”, “rd”, etc… In this post, I am going to discuss the reversed way: Turning an English written date with “Dst MMMM, … Continue reading
Text manipulation with Excel functions
We talked about RIGHT, LEFT, MID, UPPER, LOWER, PROPER, FIND, SEARCH, REPLACE and SUBSTITUTE in the past few weeks. Now it’s time to put every thing together to solve a problem. This is actually the most amazing part of using … Continue reading
RIGHT. I LEFT. In the MID of…
Obviously this post is about the most popular text related functions in Excel. Meanwhile, it is also a message from me… Yes, you are RIGH! I LEFT my ex-company and have landed on a new job which is much more … Continue reading
Posted in Formula Tagged LEFT, MID, RIGHT Leave a comment
SUM Time in the end of text strings
Did you encounter a task like this? I did. Actually it is not as difficult as you may expect. It could be done in just a minute IF the data is not too bad, like the one shown above. I … Continue reading
Posted in Excel Tips, Formula Tagged Array formula, Find and Replace, RIGHT, Sample File, SUBSTITUTE, SUMPRODUCT, Time, wildcard 6 Comments
Extract last word from a text string
There are many cases that we may just want the last word from a text string. Typical example would be something like the last row in the above screenshot: There are many codes at the end of a text string … Continue reading
Posted in Excel Tips, Formula Tagged REPT, RIGHT, SUBSTITUTE, Trim 5 Comments