- 2,120,980 hits
- Follow wmfexcel on WordPress.com
Want Google to translate this page?
Top Posts & Pages
- When unhide row doesn't work...
- How to sort bar chart in descending order?
- Show number in thousand (k) or in million (M) by using custom format
- Date Formats - A trick to format date with "st", "nd", "rd", "th"
- Insert a text string into a specific position of another text string in #Excel
- Perform VLOOKUP with 2 lookup values
- Open an embedded Excel file during a slide show in PowerPoint?
- Filter a list of items from a long long list
- Dropdown calendar in Excel
- Same day last year...
My YouTube Channel
- My Tweets
Tag Archives: LEFT
In the previous blog post, we see how Flash Fill extracts First Name and Last Name from an email address in a format shown above. I’ve also recorded a video for that post. Flash Fill is so smart to detect … Continue reading
This is a short story of mine, and an imaginary conversation in my head… How to change the first letter (of first word only) to upper case in Excel? This was a question from a colleague sitting opposite to me. … Continue reading
Quite a long time ago, I wrote a post to discuss a trick to format date with “st”, “nd”, “rd”, etc… In this post, I am going to discuss the reversed way: Turning an English written date with “Dst MMMM, … Continue reading
Writing a long formula is not easy, even for an advanced Excel user. What I mean long is a formula with many nested FUNCTIONS within a single formula. The difficulty I am talking about is not related to whether you understand the … Continue reading
We talked about RIGHT, LEFT, MID, UPPER, LOWER, PROPER, FIND, SEARCH, REPLACE and SUBSTITUTE in the past few weeks. Now it’s time to put every thing together to solve a problem. This is actually the most amazing part of using … Continue reading
Obviously this post is about the most popular text related functions in Excel. Meanwhile, it is also a message from me… Yes, you are RIGH! I LEFT my ex-company and have landed on a new job which is much more … Continue reading
Is it achievable? Not by formatting but formula.