- 2,853,280 hits
- Follow wmfexcel on WordPress.com
Want Google to translate this page?
Top Posts & Pages
- How to sort bar chart in descending order?
- Show number in thousand (k) or in million (M) by using custom format
- How to replace value with a value from another column in Power Query
- Date Formats - A trick to format date with "st", "nd", "rd", "th"
- Repeat all item labels in Pivot Table (aka Fill in the blanks please)
- Rename column names in a dynamic way with #Excel #PowerQuery
- Perform VLOOKUP with 2 lookup values
- Insert a text string into a specific position of another text string in #Excel
- Be cautious when using XLOOKUP
- Open an embedded Excel file during a slide show in PowerPoint?
My YouTube Channel
- My Tweets
Tag Archives: Trim
In Power Query, there are some functions that are very similar to Excel, which you expect the same results from them. However, it may not be the case because they indeed perform differently. TRIM is one of them. TRIM is … Continue reading
A common VLOOKUP problem with an easy fix The situation – VLOOKUP fails… Have you ever encountered something like this? This is quite common. We are sure that the VLOOKUP formula is correct. We are sure that the lookup values … Continue reading
When TRIM and CLEAN do not work… Is it something bothering you? To fix this problem, we need to understand where is the “leading space” coming come. Before we jump to that, I want to show you two Excel functions … Continue reading
We talked about RIGHT, LEFT, MID, UPPER, LOWER, PROPER, FIND, SEARCH, REPLACE and SUBSTITUTE in the past few weeks. Now it’s time to put every thing together to solve a problem. This is actually the most amazing part of using … Continue reading
There are many cases that we may just want the last word from a text string. Typical example would be something like the last row in the above screenshot: There are many codes at the end of a text string … Continue reading