- 2,374,298 hits
- Follow wmfexcel on WordPress.com
Want Google to translate this page?
Top Posts & Pages
- How to sort bar chart in descending order?
- Date Formats - A trick to format date with "st", "nd", "rd", "th"
- When unhide row doesn't work...
- Show number in thousand (k) or in million (M) by using custom format
- Perform VLOOKUP with 2 lookup values
- Insert a text string into a specific position of another text string in #Excel
- Repeat all item labels in Pivot Table (aka Fill in the blanks please)
- Open an embedded Excel file during a slide show in PowerPoint?
- Filter a list of items from a long long list
- Be cautious when using XLOOKUP
My YouTube Channel
- My Tweets
Tag Archives: Time
Convert text of specific pattern like “1d 2h 3m 4s” into real time (26:03:04) in Excel To kick start the Year of Monkey, let’s challenge the apparently impossible… Do you think it is not possible in Excel? If you do, you … Continue reading
Got the following question from a reader: Under data validation, is it possible for me to restrict the time duration (in a cell) to be 30mins or less? Example: 9.00 – 9.30 (accepted) 10.15 – 10.50 (rejected) Obviously, the answer … Continue reading
Did you encounter a task like this? I did. Actually it is not as difficult as you may expect. It could be done in just a minute IF the data is not too bad, like the one shown above. I … Continue reading
How to limit user to input time at 15-min intervals, i.e. 00:15, 00:30, 00:45, 01:00, etc.? We talked about how to limit user to input Time in the previous post. Let’s go one step further with Custom Data Validation, where you … Continue reading
How to convert 24hr input as 4-digit number into TIME in Excel? i.e. turn 500 into 05:00 correctly in Excel. Answer: =TEXT(Your 4-digit number,”00\:00″)+0 ‘Format the result as TIME
How to convert something like 1200 into 12:00? For easy sake of input, we often input 24-hr time as four digit number like 930 for 9:30, 1815 for 18:15 etc. However, if time is input in this way in Excel, … Continue reading