- 3,070,579 hits
Join 3,281 other subscribers
- Follow wmfexcel on WordPress.com
Want Google to translate this page?
Top Posts & Pages
- How to sort bar chart in descending order?
- Show number in thousand (k) or in million (M) by using custom format
- How to replace value with a value from another column in Power Query
- Repeat all item labels in Pivot Table (aka Fill in the blanks please)
- Date Formats - A trick to format date with "st", "nd", "rd", "th"
- Insert a text string into a specific position of another text string in #Excel
- The INDIRECT trick of using Structured Reference in Conditional Formatting
- Open an embedded Excel file during a slide show in PowerPoint?
- Send a cell content to Google search
- How to put the Date Modified info on #Excel worksheet using #PowerQuery
My YouTube Channel
My Facebook page
- My Tweets
Tag Archives: Text to Columns
Four Text to Columns tricks you cannot miss in Excel
Have your heard about “Text to Columns”? A big icon grouped into Data Tools of Data Tab of Excel? Be your answer Yes or No, you do not want to miss the following tricks that may help you transform data … Continue reading
Posted in Excel Tips Tagged Excel Video, Text to Columns Leave a comment
Extract part of text string with delimiter(s)… and more with Text to Columns
In the previous post, we talked about the basic of Text to Columns and focused on “Fixed width”. In this post, we will continue to talk about three magical things that Text to Columns could do with ease: Extract part … Continue reading
Posted in Excel Tips Tagged Text to Columns 8 Comments
Extract part of a text string using Text to Columns
There are many not-so-easily-understood terms in Excel. “Text to Columns” should be one of them. Probably due to the name of it, Text to Columns is not a common tool for many Excel users. But indeed, if you know what … Continue reading
Posted in Excel Tips Tagged Text to Columns Leave a comment
Extract 6 digits from a string and convert it into date
Got a question about how to extract the date of birthday (DOB) portion from an ID number like 63102400965, where the first 6 digits represent the DOB, so that we could use the date for other calculation. In this example the DOB … Continue reading
Posted in Excel Tips Tagged Date, Text to Columns Leave a comment
Number Stored as Text…
It is something basic and commonly seen. Nonetheless, it is really important to understand the different behaviors between a number, and a number stored as text, especially if you want to move forward to write effective formula. This post is intended … Continue reading
Posted in Excel Basic, Formula Tagged Array formula, ISTEXT, Text to Columns 6 Comments
How unorganized data could drive you crazy!
This is about how to clean up data for a simple VLOOKUP task. To be more specific, how to separate data delimited by line break in a cell, as you see in the following screen shot. The one who input … Continue reading
Posted in Excel Tips Tagged Data Cleansing, Text to Columns Leave a comment
Fixing trouble dates
Different ways to convert dates stored as text or other unrecognized date formats to real dates in Excel. From time to time, we work with dates in Excel files. Well, if dates were input correctly as serial number, everyone is happy. … Continue reading
Posted in Excel Tips Tagged Date, DATEVALUE, Text to Columns 4 Comments