- 2,468,054 hits
- Follow wmfexcel on WordPress.com
Want Google to translate this page?
Top Posts & Pages
- How to sort bar chart in descending order?
- Date Formats - A trick to format date with "st", "nd", "rd", "th"
- Show number in thousand (k) or in million (M) by using custom format
- When unhide row doesn't work...
- Perform VLOOKUP with 2 lookup values
- Filter a list of items from a long long list
- Open an embedded Excel file during a slide show in PowerPoint?
- Be cautious when using XLOOKUP
- Dropdown calendar in Excel
- Insert a text string into a specific position of another text string in #Excel
My YouTube Channel
- My Tweets
Tag Archives: Text to Columns
Have your heard about “Text to Columns”? A big icon grouped into Data Tools of Data Tab of Excel? Be your answer Yes or No, you do not want to miss the following tricks that may help you transform data … Continue reading
In the previous post, we talked about the basic of Text to Columns and focused on “Fixed width”. In this post, we will continue to talk about three magical things that Text to Columns could do with ease: Extract part … Continue reading
There are many not-so-easily-understood terms in Excel. “Text to Columns” should be one of them. Probably due to the name of it, Text to Columns is not a common tool for many Excel users. But indeed, if you know what … Continue reading
Got a question about how to extract the date of birthday (DOB) portion from an ID number like 63102400965, where the first 6 digits represent the DOB, so that we could use the date for other calculation. In this example the DOB … Continue reading
It is something basic and commonly seen. Nonetheless, it is really important to understand the different behaviors between a number, and a number stored as text, especially if you want to move forward to write effective formula. This post is intended … Continue reading
This is about how to clean up data for a simple VLOOKUP task. To be more specific, how to separate data delimited by line break in a cell, as you see in the following screen shot. The one who input … Continue reading