- Follow wmfexcel on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- When unhide row doesn't work...
- Perform VLOOKUP with 2 lookup values
- Dropdown calendar in Excel
- Date Formats - A trick to format date with "st", "nd", "rd", "th"
- Advanced vlookup - wildcard characters "?" and "*"
- Advanced vlookup - Text vs. Number
- Copy data from strictly-protected sheet
- 2D SUMIF with two variables – one on column and one on row
- Show number in thousand (k) or in million (M) by using custom format
- Convert an 8-digit number into Excel-recognizable Date
Tag Archives: Text to Columns
Got a question about how to extract the date of birthday (DOB) portion from an ID number like 63102400965, where the first 6 digits represent the DOB, so that we could use the date for other calculation. In this example the DOB … Continue reading
It is something basic and commonly seen. Nonetheless, it is really important to understand the different behaviors between a number, and a number stored as text, especially if you want to move forward to write effective formula. This post is intended … Continue reading
This is about how to clean up data for a simple VLOOKUP task. To be more specific, how to separate data delimited by line break in a cell, as you see in the following screen shot. The one who input … Continue reading