- Follow wmfexcel on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- When unhide row doesn't work...
- Perform VLOOKUP with 2 lookup values
- Dropdown calendar in Excel
- Advanced vlookup - Text vs. Number
- Date Formats - A trick to format date with "st", "nd", "rd", "th"
- Copy data from strictly-protected sheet
- Advanced vlookup - wildcard characters "?" and "*"
- Show number in thousand (k) or in million (M) by using custom format
- 2D SUMIF with two variables – one on column and one on row
- SUM vs. SUBTOTAL
Tag Archives: lookup
If you do VLOOKUP, you probably know that one of the limitations of VLOOKUP is case-insensitive. It means case is not a consideration in the lookup process, where PETER is essentially the same as peter. Hence VLOOKUP will consider that … Continue reading
Well, there is no such custom format for date in Excel… However it can be achieved indirectly, with helper cell 🙂
4 different ways to perform LOOKUP with 2 lookup values We know that VLOOKUP is very useful. At the same time, we know that VLOOKUP has its limitations. E.g. VLOOKUP only looks from left to right; VLOOKUP only handle one … Continue reading
This is a real workplace problem. Look at the two tables below, the task was to map the Shop ID from Table 1 (left) to Table 2 (right). In both tables there is a common key “Shop Name”. Sound easy? … Continue reading