Well, this is not an Excel Tips at all… but it’s really nice to know.
Have you tried to open an embedded Excel file in a slideshow of PowerPoint, but failed…? You may probably go back to Normal View and then double click the icon of embedded file to open it. After reading it, you close the Excel return to PowerPoint and start the slideshow again.
Yes. I did that too. Of course not until I realize the “Action” icon in PowerPoint.
Follow the simple steps:
- Select the icon of the embedded file
- Go to Insert Tab in the Ribbon
- Select Action (next to Hyperlink)
- You can see two tabs: Mouse Click & Mouse Over which is self-explanatory
- Select Object action: Open
- Feel free to check “Play sound” and/or Highlight click if you want
- Go to slideshow. You can move your mouse to the icon and click to open it now.
Isn’t it easy?
Note: If you are still running PowerPoint 2003, you can do so by right clicking on the icon, then select something like “Action setting”…
Too many things are awaiting us to explore.