- 2,130,918 hits
- Follow wmfexcel on WordPress.com
Want Google to translate this page?
Top Posts & Pages
- When unhide row doesn't work...
- How to sort bar chart in descending order?
- Show number in thousand (k) or in million (M) by using custom format
- Date Formats - A trick to format date with "st", "nd", "rd", "th"
- Perform VLOOKUP with 2 lookup values
- Open an embedded Excel file during a slide show in PowerPoint?
- Insert a text string into a specific position of another text string in #Excel
- Filter a list of items from a long long list
- Dropdown calendar in Excel
- Sequential number for visible rows only
My YouTube Channel
- My Tweets
Tag Archives: OR
Conditional Formatting with formula could be tricky (or difficult), especially when the data layout is bad because you have to very clear and careful on the “applied to” range and the absolute/relative references set in the formula. Otherwise, it won’t work and can be quite confusing, if not frustrating. 😛
In this post, I will talk about a case that you will see how empty rows in a data set would complicate the process in setting up conditional formatting. And then I will show three different approaches to tackle the issues. Hope you find it helpful. Continue reading
In this post, I will show you step by step how to set up conditional formatting to highlight weekends and public holidays with Excel. The key is to set the formula right. Having a proper layout will make the whole thing more easier, which will be discussed in the next post. Continue reading