- 3,070,578 hits
Join 3,281 other subscribers
- Follow wmfexcel on WordPress.com
Want Google to translate this page?
Top Posts & Pages
- How to sort bar chart in descending order?
- Show number in thousand (k) or in million (M) by using custom format
- How to replace value with a value from another column in Power Query
- Repeat all item labels in Pivot Table (aka Fill in the blanks please)
- Date Formats - A trick to format date with "st", "nd", "rd", "th"
- Insert a text string into a specific position of another text string in #Excel
- The INDIRECT trick of using Structured Reference in Conditional Formatting
- Open an embedded Excel file during a slide show in PowerPoint?
- Send a cell content to Google search
- How to put the Date Modified info on #Excel worksheet using #PowerQuery
My YouTube Channel
My Facebook page
- My Tweets
Tag Archives: CELL
A trick to SUM visible columns only (without VBA)
We know that SUBTOTAL allows us to perform some basics functions like SUM, COUNT, AVERAGE, etc. that apply to visible rows only. However, there is no similar function for visible columns only. If we need to SUM visible columns only, we will need … Continue reading
Posted in Excel Tips, Formula Tagged CELL, Data Group, Sample File, SUM 15 Comments
Put a dynamic hint for showing or hiding rows or columns hidden by Data Group
This is about using SUBTOTAL and CELL function to detect whether a row and a column is hidden respectively. When rows are hidden by Data–>Group, you will see a +/- button on the leftmost of spreadsheet to remind you that … Continue reading
Posted in Excel Tips, Formula Tagged CELL, Data Group, SUBTOTAL Leave a comment