- 2,605,936 hits
- Follow wmfexcel on WordPress.com
Want Google to translate this page?
Top Posts & Pages
- How to sort bar chart in descending order?
- Date Formats - A trick to format date with "st", "nd", "rd", "th"
- Show number in thousand (k) or in million (M) by using custom format
- Perform VLOOKUP with 2 lookup values
- Insert a text string into a specific position of another text string in #Excel
- Open an embedded Excel file during a slide show in PowerPoint?
- When unhide row doesn't work...
- Filter a list of items from a long long list
- Be cautious when using XLOOKUP
- Quickly delete/hide records (rows) with Strikethrough format by using Find and a couple of simple techniques.
My YouTube Channel
- My Tweets
Tag Archives: AND
Conditional Formatting with formula could be tricky (or difficult), especially when the data layout is bad because you have to very clear and careful on the “applied to” range and the absolute/relative references set in the formula. Otherwise, it won’t work and can be quite confusing, if not frustrating. 😛
In this post, I will talk about a case that you will see how empty rows in a data set would complicate the process in setting up conditional formatting. And then I will show three different approaches to tackle the issues. Hope you find it helpful. Continue reading