- 3,070,571 hits
Join 3,281 other subscribers
- Follow wmfexcel on WordPress.com
Want Google to translate this page?
Top Posts & Pages
- How to sort bar chart in descending order?
- Show number in thousand (k) or in million (M) by using custom format
- How to replace value with a value from another column in Power Query
- Repeat all item labels in Pivot Table (aka Fill in the blanks please)
- Date Formats - A trick to format date with "st", "nd", "rd", "th"
- Insert a text string into a specific position of another text string in #Excel
- The INDIRECT trick of using Structured Reference in Conditional Formatting
- Open an embedded Excel file during a slide show in PowerPoint?
- Send a cell content to Google search
- How to put the Date Modified info on #Excel worksheet using #PowerQuery
My YouTube Channel
My Facebook page
- My Tweets
Tag Archives: AND
Highlight weekends and holidays using Conditional Formatting in #Excel Part 2
Conditional Formatting with formula could be tricky (or difficult), especially when the data layout is bad because you have to very clear and careful on the “applied to” range and the absolute/relative references set in the formula. Otherwise, it won’t work and can be quite confusing, if not frustrating. 😛
In this post, I will talk about a case that you will see how empty rows in a data set would complicate the process in setting up conditional formatting. And then I will show three different approaches to tackle the issues. Hope you find it helpful. Continue reading
Posted in Formula Tagged AND, Conditional Formatting, OR, TEXT Leave a comment