- 3,069,170 hits
Join 3,281 other subscribers
- Follow wmfexcel on WordPress.com
Want Google to translate this page?
Top Posts & Pages
- How to sort bar chart in descending order?
- How to replace value with a value from another column in Power Query
- Show number in thousand (k) or in million (M) by using custom format
- Date Formats - A trick to format date with "st", "nd", "rd", "th"
- Repeat all item labels in Pivot Table (aka Fill in the blanks please)
- Open an embedded Excel file during a slide show in PowerPoint?
- Perform VLOOKUP with 2 lookup values
- Send a cell content to Google search
- How to put the Date Modified info on #Excel worksheet using #PowerQuery
- Rename column names in a dynamic way with #Excel #PowerQuery
My YouTube Channel
My Facebook page
- My Tweets
Tag Archives: MAX
Apply Conditional Format for alternate row color based on groups…
…that works even when filter is applied. The situation: We have a table that we would like to apply color banding based on groups. We can achieve this by inserting a helper column to identify the sequence of each group, … Continue reading
Posted in Formula Tagged Conditional Formatting, IF, ISEVEN, MAX, SUBTOTAL 2 Comments
Using MIN/MAX to answer whichever lower/higher questions
What is “Whichever higher”? Situation: You call to your favourite restaurant to reserve a private room for family dinner on Saturday. The restaurant manager tells you that there will be a minimum charge of $2000 for a private room. That mean, … Continue reading
Posted in Formula Tagged IF, MAX, MIN Leave a comment
How to calculate number of overlapping days for two periods?
Have you ever encountered a situation that you need to find out how many days in Period 2 fall into Period 1? Is using IF(IF…(IF…(IF…(IF….. the first thing in your mind?
Posted in Formula Tagged Date, MAX, MIN 10 Comments