Have you run into a situation that you wanted to copy a table, like the one below, to a new worksheet.
However the Table “expanded” automatically…
All the information from the hidden rows and columns reappears. What???
A simple trick can avoid this – GO TO SPECIAL: visible cells only
Follow the simple steps:
1) Select the range as usual, in the example above, i.e A1:E6
2) Before you “COPY”, press Ctrl G to open the “Go To” dialogue box
3) Select “Special”
4) Select “Visible cells only”
5) Then you may COPY by “Ctrl C” or using the COPY icon on the ribbon
6) Did you note the difference? The blinking dotted lines that indicate four different ranges (A1:B3, A6:B6, E1:E3, E6) to be copied instead of the range A1:E6
7) Paste to your destination as usual.
8) Have a break 🙂
Alternative approach – Using Clipboard
What if you forgot to select visible cells only at the first place? No worry, did you know the Clipboard can help? Please check this out from the blogpost – The Clipboard can be useful occasionally…