- 2,433,136 hits
- Follow wmfexcel on WordPress.com
Want Google to translate this page?
Top Posts & Pages
- How to sort bar chart in descending order?
- Show number in thousand (k) or in million (M) by using custom format
- Date Formats - A trick to format date with "st", "nd", "rd", "th"
- Perform VLOOKUP with 2 lookup values
- When unhide row doesn't work...
- Dropdown calendar in Excel
- Be cautious when using XLOOKUP
- Insert a text string into a specific position of another text string in #Excel
- Filter a list of items from a long long list
- Rename column names in a dynamic way with #Excel #PowerQuery
My YouTube Channel
- My Tweets
Monthly Archives: January 2019
The INDIRECT trick of using Structured Reference in Conditional Formatting Is it a feature or a bug? This is an extension of the previous post, in which we discussed the use of INDIRECT trick to deal with Excel Table in Conditional … Continue reading
When setting up conditions for Conditional Formatting in Excel, have you ever tried to set a formula that refers to a Excel Table, but failed?
First of all, why we want to refer to Excel Table in Conditional Formatting? There is one simple answer: To accept new data automatically.
To use Structure Reference in Conditional Formatting, we need an INDIRECT approach which is discussed here. Continue reading
Conditional Formatting with formula could be tricky (or difficult), especially when the data layout is bad because you have to very clear and careful on the “applied to” range and the absolute/relative references set in the formula. Otherwise, it won’t work and can be quite confusing, if not frustrating. 😛
In this post, I will talk about a case that you will see how empty rows in a data set would complicate the process in setting up conditional formatting. And then I will show three different approaches to tackle the issues. Hope you find it helpful. Continue reading
In this post, I will show you step by step how to set up conditional formatting to highlight weekends and public holidays with Excel. The key is to set the formula right. Having a proper layout will make the whole thing more easier, which will be discussed in the next post. Continue reading
Happy New Year! Wish you all an Excel-lent year of 2019! As an Excel nerd, I’d like to spend my holidays on learning Excel… haha… I know I am abnormal. ;p My recent love of Excel is Power Query (M) … Continue reading