- Follow wmfexcel on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- When unhide row doesn't work...
- Perform VLOOKUP with 2 lookup values
- Dropdown calendar in Excel
- Advanced vlookup - Text vs. Number
- Date Formats - A trick to format date with "st", "nd", "rd", "th"
- Copy data from strictly-protected sheet
- Advanced vlookup - wildcard characters "?" and "*"
- Show number in thousand (k) or in million (M) by using custom format
- 2D SUMIF with two variables – one on column and one on row
- SUM vs. SUBTOTAL
Monthly Archives: July 2016
We talked about RIGHT, LEFT, MID, UPPER, LOWER, PROPER, FIND, SEARCH, REPLACE and SUBSTITUTE in the past few weeks. Now it’s time to put every thing together to solve a problem. This is actually the most amazing part of using … Continue reading
We talked about REPLACE and SUBSTITUTE last week. At the final note, I said that SUBSTITUTE is case-sensitive. If we need to perform a case-insensitive SUBSTITUTE, it is indeed not an easy job unless we are talking a single letter … Continue reading
Another pair of functions that has very similar meaning literally. Although I am not able to tell you the differences between “replace” and “substitute” in English, I can show you the differences of the REPLACE and SUBSTITUTE in Excel. … Continue reading