- 2,455,414 hits
- Follow wmfexcel on WordPress.com
Want Google to translate this page?
- Append tables with inconsistent column names with #Excel #PowerQuery
- Rename column names in a dynamic way with #Excel #PowerQuery
- Data Cleansing is never easy, even with #Excel Power Query
- Combine different ranges of data across worksheets in #Excel using Power Query
- #Excel INDIRECT function explained with a use case
Top Posts & Pages
- How to sort bar chart in descending order?
- When unhide row doesn't work...
- Show number in thousand (k) or in million (M) by using custom format
- Date Formats - A trick to format date with "st", "nd", "rd", "th"
- Filter a list of items from a long long list
- Insert a text string into a specific position of another text string in #Excel
- Be cautious when using XLOOKUP
- Perform VLOOKUP with 2 lookup values
- Dropdown calendar in Excel
- Open an embedded Excel file during a slide show in PowerPoint?
My YouTube Channel
- My Tweets
Monthly Archives: July 2016
We talked about RIGHT, LEFT, MID, UPPER, LOWER, PROPER, FIND, SEARCH, REPLACE and SUBSTITUTE in the past few weeks. Now it’s time to put every thing together to solve a problem. This is actually the most amazing part of using … Continue reading
We talked about REPLACE and SUBSTITUTE last week. At the final note, I said that SUBSTITUTE is case-sensitive. If we need to perform a case-insensitive SUBSTITUTE, it is indeed not an easy job unless we are talking a single letter … Continue reading
Another pair of functions that has very similar meaning literally. Although I am not able to tell you the differences between “replace” and “substitute” in English, I can show you the differences of the REPLACE and SUBSTITUTE in Excel. … Continue reading