- 1,986,958 hits
- Follow wmfexcel on WordPress.com
Want Google to translate this page?
Top Posts & Pages
- When unhide row doesn't work...
- How to sort bar chart in descending order?
- Show number in thousand (k) or in million (M) by using custom format
- Insert a text string into a specific position of another text string in #Excel
- Date Formats - A trick to format date with "st", "nd", "rd", "th"
- Perform VLOOKUP with 2 lookup values
- Same day last year...
- Open an embedded Excel file during a slide show in PowerPoint?
- Sequential number for visible rows only
- Dropdown calendar in Excel
My YouTube Channel
- My Tweets
Monthly Archives: October 2015
If you do Pivot Table, I believe you should have experienced the following too. GETPIVOTDATA is good. But sometimes we just want a simple cell reference. We may disable the GETPIVOTDATA easily by going to Pivot Table Option –> Uncheck … Continue reading
Why is F12 for the things that matter? Because it basically performs one crucial action: SAVE. F12 alone – Save as (Alt+F2 does the same) Ctrl+F12 – Save as (same as F12 alone) Shift+F12 – Save (Ctrl+S does the same … Continue reading
F11 key should be the most-hit key for those who use Marco or VBA a lot in Excel. If you use F11 but do not work with VBA at all, then you must have inserted new (blank / chart) sheet very … Continue reading
Out of the following combinations for F10, I find one of them really useful. Wanna guess which one? Let’s take a quick look at what F10 does: F10 alone – Shows the shortcut key for the commands on the Ribbon … Continue reading
When you think your Excel is not calculating… Stay Calm and Press F9. I have to admit that I did not know about “Manual Calculation” mode in Excel long long time ago. I still remember how stupid I was when … Continue reading
In the introductory post of Function Keys, I used F8 as an example to illustrate the situation when we thought we know English but cannot comprehend a sentence. F8: Turns extend mode on or off. In extend mode, Extended Selection appears in the … Continue reading
If you do not spell very well and your boss pays attention to spelling, please make sure you press F7 before sending your Excel reports. Otherwise, your boss may challenge your spelling instead of your analysis. 🙂 F7 key is … Continue reading