- 2,256,783 hits
- Follow wmfexcel on WordPress.com
Want Google to translate this page?
Top Posts & Pages
- When unhide row doesn't work...
- How to sort bar chart in descending order?
- Show number in thousand (k) or in million (M) by using custom format
- Date Formats - A trick to format date with "st", "nd", "rd", "th"
- Perform VLOOKUP with 2 lookup values
- Filter a list of items from a long long list
- Insert a text string into a specific position of another text string in #Excel
- Dropdown calendar in Excel
- Open an embedded Excel file during a slide show in PowerPoint?
- Be cautious when using XLOOKUP
My YouTube Channel
- My Tweets
Monthly Archives: January 2014
I have seen many people turning OFF and then ON Auto Filter in order just to SHOW ALL values (in Excel 2003’s terms) or CLEAR all filters (in Excel 2007 or above’s terms). Frankly, I think many people do this … Continue reading
How to convert something like 1200 into 12:00? For easy sake of input, we often input 24-hr time as four digit number like 930 for 9:30, 1815 for 18:15 etc. However, if time is input in this way in Excel, … Continue reading
This is a real workplace problem. Look at the two tables below, the task was to map the Shop ID from Table 1 (left) to Table 2 (right). In both tables there is a common key “Shop Name”. Sound easy? … Continue reading
Lookup from Right to Left In the above example, if it is given the Student ID, it would be so easy to find one’s corresponding Name and Grade by using vlookup. However, if we would need to find out the … Continue reading
Why vlookup gives me wrong answer??? Bugs in vlookup??? I am sure it’s not about text vs. number, but it still fails to give the correct answer!!! I guess many users are not aware of the wildcard characters in Excel. … Continue reading
This is not an Excel question… Just had a happy dinner gathering with friends! Good food, good friend, and good price… 🙂 While a friend was calculating how much to share by each of us, others asked me how to … Continue reading
Why does vlookup not return the lookup value? I am sure it is in the source data table. I see it by my eyes. Have you ever experienced this?? That’s normal when you import your data from other database. Fortunately … Continue reading