- 2,319,051 hits
- Follow wmfexcel on WordPress.com
Want Google to translate this page?
Top Posts & Pages
- How to sort bar chart in descending order?
- Show number in thousand (k) or in million (M) by using custom format
- When unhide row doesn't work...
- Date Formats - A trick to format date with "st", "nd", "rd", "th"
- Insert a text string into a specific position of another text string in #Excel
- Perform VLOOKUP with 2 lookup values
- Open an embedded Excel file during a slide show in PowerPoint?
- Dropdown calendar in Excel
- Filter a list of items from a long long list
- Repeat all item labels in Pivot Table (aka Fill in the blanks please)
My YouTube Channel
- My Tweets
Monthly Archives: December 2013
Hard-coding the col_index_num in the vlookup formula is not a wise choice as you might have to look into the formula and make changes every time you copy and paste your formula. An alternative approach of marking column index on … Continue reading
Tips in constructing vlookup We talked about the syntax of vlookup and we had written a vlookup formula successfully in the previous post. YEAH! Now we want to ride on the formula by copying it DOWN and to the RIGHT … Continue reading
vlookup – Something you should know about The basic of vlookup Definition of LOOKUP (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lookup) : the process or an instance of looking something up;especially: the process of matching by computer the words of a text with material stored in memory v, in the … Continue reading
Christmas is all around. Perhaps you are busy with decorating your Christmas tree with lots of joy. However it’s no joy to decorate your Excel worksheets in your daily work. It could be really time-consuming to apply the same set … Continue reading
One day, a colleague suddenly asked me: “do you know where I saved this file?” by showing me her monitor with the file opened… Well, the first thing came to my mind was…… well……, input this formula in any blank … Continue reading
Once upon a time, I was questioned about the accuracy of calculation in Excel just because one saw a formula “3% x 100” (A1*B1) yielding a result of 2.5 (C1). WHY???? As a basic but important rule, DO NOT trust … Continue reading
This is an extension of my post – Teleport in Excel I don’t remember how many times I want to know where a formula is actually referring to, esp. when I need to spot what’s the formula doing. If the … Continue reading
Quickly delete/hide records (rows) with Strikethrough format by using Find and a couple of simple techniques.
Quickly delete/hide records (rows) with Strikethrough format by using Find and a couple of simple techniques. I had encountered a file with thousands of records (rows) that keeps track of details of different jobs. Finished jobs were identified by Strikethrough … Continue reading